Proficiency testing (PT) is a requirement of most accreditations and certifications. PT programs are blind, independent tests that check whether a laboratory is producing accurate, precise results. Western Slope Laboratory tests in both urine and oral fluid therefore proficiency testing samples are tested in both urine and oral fluid.
Western Slope Laboratory participates in several PT programs including:
- American Association of Bioanalysts (AAB) – Drugs of abuse, prescription drugs, and creatinine.
- Quebec Multi-element External Quality Assessment Scheme (QMEQAS) – heavy metals.
- RTI International (RTI) – Drugs of abuse and prescription drugs.
- National Laboratory Certification Program (NLCP) – Drugs of abuse and prescription drugs.
- Arevon Gesellschaft für Toxikologische und Forensische Chemie (GTFCH) – Ethyl glucuronide and ethyl sulfate.
Internal proficiency testing is carried out twice per year for analytes not covered under one of the above proficiency groups.